1. Think of jobs he did - the ones you thought must be difficult - and learn to do them yourselves. Even if it takes you ages, doing something new is an achievement. Congratulate yourself.
2. If he comes round and finds fault, smile serenely and ignore him. It's not his business any more.
3. Watch a TV programme he disliked or despised. Note what's good about it - enjoy it if you can.
4. Retune the radio to a new station. See if you like it.
5. But something you never bought because he didn't like it. This one's for you.
6. Cook your favourite meal, especially if he didn't like it that